To participate, one must:
- Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
- Post these rules on your blog.
- List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
- Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
- I am what my husband calls a “binge gardener”. I will often spend entire weekends outside setting up new flower beds, planting trees and whatnot – then ignore the whole thing for months. I figure any plant that can’t deal with this kind of neglect doesn’t deserve a spot in my yard.
- For our honeymoon, we spent ten months doing some low-budget backpacking through the Mediterranean: Italy, Tunisia, Greece, Austria, Germany, France, Spain and Portugal on a fellowship my husband won. I always claim I married him for the ten-month honeymoon. He always claims he married me for the extra four grand he got as a married student.
- I once took a completely bizarre language course that taught seven languages simultaneously. To this day, I can still say “Hello, Fish-face!” in German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Arabic. This was after the honeymoon, when we were homesick for travelling and could not afford to go anyplace…
- When I was little, my next-older brother’s nickname for me was “Grace”. This was because I was a complete klutz, and would fall down the entire flight of our non-carpeted stairs once a week or so. Surprisingly, I never once hurt myself doing that, though I would regularly turn my ankles just walking to school.
- I really enjoy faux-finish painting. I started with the castle room, and just recently did this in our basement band room:
- I am apparently a natural at ping-pong. Who knew?
- I own a 1925 player piano that we just had restored. It’s the only way I’ll ever be able to play an instrument (see #4 above), and I’m sometimes found doing Singing Frog imitations while pumping away.
I don't know who hasn't been tagged, so if you read this and aren't tagged yet, consider this your tagging!